- Most forums are open to the public for browsing.
Any forums that are designated with the
icon are Private forums. In order to view these forums, you must have
registered with the site and you must also be logged in.
- Once you have registered, the site admin can grant you
permissions to post new messages as well as to view and post in private forums.
Editing Your Messages
- Posting messages is a privilege given to
those who register with the system. Once you have registered you
will be able to post messages in the forum.
- You can either reply to an existing message or you can start a new thread. To reply to an existing
message, just hit the "Reply" button when you are viewing a thread. To start a new thread, navigate
to the forum in which you want to post. Then hit the "New Thread" button.
- You are now presented with the message form.
required fields are denoted with a in
front of them. These fields must be completed in order to post your
message. If any of these fields are not completed before continuing
on, you will be returned to the message form to complete those field
that are incomplete.
- Certain words have been prohibited from being included in messages. If you try
to use any of these words, you will get an error message.
- Certain HTML tags have been prohibited from being included in messages. If you try
to include any of these tags, they will be stripped out of your message.
- The Disable Autoformat checkbox located under the Message box is used to determine
whether or not you want your
text to be formatted. If you do not choose to disable autoformatting, any
carriage returns that you enter will be kept exactly where they are.
This will allow you to maintain spacing between paragraphs without having to enter HTML code.
- You can include special icons or smileys defined by the admin within your message. To do so,
click on the Insert Icon link to the left of a message box. This will open a pop up window
with a list of all available icons. To select one, just click on it. The icon list also includes
the icon codes. Advanced users may want to make a note of these and just type the appropriate code directly within
their messages. The code will be automatically replaced by the appropriate icon when a user views your post.
If you are logged in, you will see an "Edit" button within any messages you have posted.
You can click on the button to edit your post. Once you have edited your post, the most recent edit
date will be displayed at the end of your message, so that users will be aware that you have made a change.